1. The new Falcon transactional storage engine.
2. Support for additional Unicode character sets: utf16, utf32, and 4-byte utf8. These character sets support supplementary Unicode characters; that is, characters outside the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP).
3. BACKUP DATABASE and RESTORE statements for backup and restore operations.
4. Optimizer enhancements for faster subqueries and joins, including batched index access of table rows for sequences of disjoint ranges by the MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines.
5.The syntax for the LOCK TABLES statement has been extended to support transactional table locks that do not commit transactions automatically. Following LOCK TABLES ... IN SHARE MODE or LOCK TABLES ... IN EXCLUSIVE MODE, you can access tables not mentioned in the LOCK TABLES statement. You can also issue LOCK TABLES statements that acquire transactional locks many times in succession, adding additional tables to the locked set, and without unlocking any tables that were locked previously. When using LOCK TABLES with IN SHARE MODE or IN EXCLUSIVE MODE, tables are not unlocked until the transaction ends.
Transactional locks acquired with LOCK TABLES are released when the transaction ends, either explicitly with COMMIT or ROLLBACK, or implicitly due to a statement that causes implicit commit or because the connection ends.
6. Support for extended comments for tables, columns, and indexes.
More details, visit here http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/mysql-nutshell.html