In Windows Server 2003, you able change the Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) API to provide access to physical memory in excess of the limits set on configured virtual memory. The specific amount of memory you can use depends on hardware configuration and operating system support.
- Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition supports physical memory up to 4 gigabytes (GB).
- Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition supports physical memory up to 32 GB.
- Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition supports physical memory up to 64 GB.
- You are not running Express or Workgroup version of SQL Server. Please check here for further details about limitations in different versions of SQL Server.
- you have enabled awe enabled option and set max server memory to the maximum memory you can allocate to SQL Server. This is applicatiable for 32 but versions of OS and not required in 64 bit version of Windows servers. Please check here for further details and how to configure the memoryfor SQL Server