SQL Server 2008 does not include support for DTS in the following circumstances:
- There is no 64-bit design-time or run-time support for DTS packages. On a 64-bit computer, DTS packages, and Integration Services packages that run DTS packages, can run only in 32-bit mode. For more information, see How to: Install Support for Data Transformation Services Packages.
- There is also no 32-bit design-time or run-time support for DTS packages on Itanium-based operating systems. Therefore, you cannot create, view, modify, or run DTS packages on Itanium-based operating systems.
SQL Server 2008 includes support for the following DTS features:
- The DTS runtime, the object model that it exposes, and the dtsrun.exe command prompt utility.
- The Execute DTS 2000 Package task, for executing DTS packages within Integration Services packages.
- The ActiveX Script task, for backward compatibility only.
- The DTS Package Migration Wizard, for migrating DTS packages to the Integration Services package format.
- The Upgrade Advisor rules for DTS packages, for identifying potential issues that may be encountered when migrating packages.